Welcome to our new website – bear with us as we finish tweaking!
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Authors, J. Robert Whittle and Joyce Sandilands
Robert: 3x Bestselling Author | 2x Gold Medal-Winning Author
Joyce: Gold Medal-Winning Co-Author | 2x Gold Medal-Winning Editor & Publisher
‘Best ever read,’ and ‘masterful combination of real history and
refreshing content,’ say our readers.
2. Our Christmas Shows are over for this year – see Events.
“Long patience and application saturated with your heart’s blood—you will either write or you will not—and the only way to find out whether you will or not is to try.” —Jim Tully, WD
“Don’t just think about it, get it done!” — J. Robert Whittle of Victoria, BC
The Story of Our Books
It all started in 1994 when Robert underwent a leg surgery to ease the pain of an old mining injury. Joyce suggested he use the time off work to begin writing his memoirs for their grandkids, but he surprised her by writing an excellent novel that she knew she must publish. The rest of the story is written in literary history. Ten years later when they stopped to breathe and look at their accomplishments, they had been having so much fun, they had produced 10 novels, 2 children’s books, and 4 audiobooks. Robert was a 3x bestselling author, and together they had won two gold medals for excellence. The adventure would last another nine years with one more book. Robert passed away in 2017 and Joyce re-introduces their books with new plans and a beautiful new website. Welcome.
Robert and I continually gave thanks for the countless thousands of visitors to our bookstands who purchased and encouraged us to continue writing and publishing our books. You are all responsible for Robert’s unexpectedly long and happily productive life. We were most grateful.
Thanks also to the many Canadian and other media services who continued to feature news items about us and our books for almost two decades making our writing careers such beautiful and unexpected labours of love. You were all instrumental in spreading the word about these books and giving us a job for 20 years. Joyce is now attempting to return some of that love with book gifts to the community (details in a Blog).
Our Books were Featured In:
1. The Victoria, BC Times-Colonist Newspaper (T-C) often printed sizeable stories about us and each of our new books, often rerunning those stories when they had space.
2. A Pennsylvania, USA reader once told Robert that while vacationing in New York, she had seen a story about our books in a local newspaper. He was so thrilled; he didn’t ask her the name of the paper.
3. BC’s Senior Magazine ran various historical articles written by Robert in the early years of our books. They will be added to this website as time allows.
4. Robert guested many times on CFAX-1070 in C2004, when a local radio show aired historical content on Sundays that summer. Robert loved Victoria and its history as if he had been raised here.